Saturday 7 December 2013

United 93

Oh My God! This is the single greatest piece of  afilm documentary ever made. There are not enough words to describe the epic proportions of this film. It does everything that you expect of it and more, you feel like you are on that plane, that you are at the air traffic control. Where ever Greengrass points the camera is where you are, at one point I was even offering my decisions to the air traffic controller.

My words can't do this film justice though, it is a film that has to be seen to be believed. Forget Gravity, this is way more breath taking and edge of your seat. And you may think I know how it ends so it won't be that powerful of an ending, oh you couldn't be more wrong. I literally knew 90% of everything that happened in those events and I am still awestruck by it. And that ending is one of the greatest film endings ever, it even puts the ending of the soprano's to shame, even though they are technically identical.

So my verdict. It is to simply go out and buy this film and sit down and watch it. Make sure you have no distractions, turn off your phone, unplug your landline and disable your internet. A rating you ask, my only answer is that it would be arbitrary to give it a rating as there is nothing else on the market to compare it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment